- Fuel Cards News Motoring Updates: Speed limit to rise to 80mph 30/09/2011
The British motorway speed limit may be set to rise from 70mph to 80mph, by 2013.
- Fuel Cards News Motoring Updates: FairFuel UK petition nears the magic 100,000 mark 28/09/2011
FairFuel UK’s petition is just 5,000 signatures away from the magic 100,000 mark, which will force a Parliamentary debate on fuel prices.
- Fuel Cards News Motoring Updates: Energy Saving Trust calls on businesses to invest in electric cars 26/09/2011
The Energy Saving Trust has launched a new video guide to promote the realities of electric vehicles (EV) to businesses in the UK.
- Fuel Cards News Motoring Updates: Potholes putting local authorities out of pocket 23/09/2011
Local authorities are being hit by shocking road conditions as motorists claim for damage caused to their cars by potholes.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: FairFuelUK takes fight for lower fuel prices to Lib Dems 22/09/2011
FairFuelUK campaigners attended the Liberal Democrat conference earlier this week, confronting politicians on the fight for lower fuel prices.
- Fuel Cards News Motoring Updates: Councils warned over out-dated transport schemes 21/09/2011
British taxpayers could see their hard-earned money ploughed into ineffectual or out-dated transport initiatives, according to new data.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Jaguar Land Rover set to create 2,000 jobs in the Midlands 19/09/2011
Jaguar Land Rover is expected this week to confirm plans to build a £400m engine plant in the Midlands which will create 2,000 jobs.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Cabbies prove changing driving habits can save fuel 16/09/2011
Cab drivers across the country participated in an experiment led by oil firm Shell which proved that fuel efficient driving could save drivers £550 a year on fuel bills.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Fuel duty should be replaced by congestion charges, says think tank 14/09/2011
A leading think tank has recommended that fuel duty should be replaced by congestion charges in a review of the UK tax system.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Waitrose and Shell launch convenience store trials 12/09/2011
Little Waitrose shops to be trialed at select petrol station sites in London.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Businesses forced to turn down work, says The Fuelcard Company 09/09/2011
Over 35 percent of transport businesses have been forced to turn down work due to escalating fuel costs, advises leading fuel card reseller The Fuelcard Company.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Rural bus service salvaged by volunteers 07/09/2011
A local authority has passed over responsibility for local bus services to a commercial operator that plans to use unpaid volunteers in place of drivers.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Transit tops the thieves’ shopping list 05/09/2011
A recent study has revealed the Ford Transit as the most commonly stolen light commercial vehicle in the UK.
- Fuelcard News Motoring Updates: Leading motor industry forum appoints new chief exec 02/09/2011
The SMMT Motor Industry Forum has appointed a new chief executive.