- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Hailstones the size of golf balls write off cars in Leicestershire 29/06/2012
Insurers have issued a warning that some cars may have to be
written off due to damage caused by a freak hailstorm in
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: £15 million to improve cyclist safety at dangerous junctions 27/06/2012
The transport minister has announced a £15 million cash
injection to tackle dangerous junctions.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Government scraps 3p fuel duty 26/06/2012
The 3p rise in fuel duty which was to take effect in August has
been deferred to at least the end of the year.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Labour Party calls for the August fuel duty rise to be scrapped 26/06/2012
Labour says the 3p a litre rise in fuel duty scheduled to come
into effect in August should be delayed.
- UK’S First Pre-Pay Fuel Card Launched By The Fuelcard Company 26/06/2012
One of the country’s largest commercial fuel card resellers, The Fuelcard Company, is revolutionising the transport sector by launching the UK’s first pre-pay fuel card, Diesel Advance.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Fuel duty rise will go ahead, says Transport Secretary 25/06/2012
Transport Secretary says the planned August increase in fuel duty
needs to go ahead to help Britain pay-off its debts.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: 120,000 children march for safer roads 22/06/2012
This week 120,000 school children took part in Brake’s Giant
Walking Bus, a march for better road safety.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Tyre labelling will have positive effect on fleet buying habits 20/06/2012
New compulsory tyre labelling will change fleet buying habits in
a very short space of time, according to CFC Solutions.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: UK freight industry uncompetitive 19/06/2012
Heavy goods vehicle operating costs have reached an all time high
and are making them uncompetitive with foreign haulage companies,
according to the Freight Transport Association.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Vans should be fitted with speed limiters 18/06/2012
Van manufacturers should supply vehicles with a speed limiter set at 70 miles per hour as a no-cost option, according to the Freight Transport Association's Van Excellence Governance Group.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Speeding fines to go up to £90 15/06/2012
Fixed penalty notices for motoring offences should rise from £60 to £90, according to a government consultation.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Business Secretary hails success of automotive industry 13/06/2012
The Business Secretary says the Government should use the automotive sector as a model for success to grow other British industries.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Motorists fined for warning other drivers of police speed traps 12/06/2012
Drivers in Lancashire are being fined when warning other road users of speed traps by flashing their headlights.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Nine out of ten cars sold privately are dodgy 11/06/2012
A new report has found 88 percent of second hand cars sold privately are actually faulty.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Britain driving happy 08/06/2012
A recent survey suggests Britons are driving happy with less people suffering from road rage.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: IAM ask for more lenient sentences for drink-drivers 06/06/2012
The Institute of Advanced Motorists is urging for more lenient sentences for motorist breaking drink-driving laws in Scotland, after the legal limit is reduced.
- Fuel Card News Motoring Updates: Cars should have alcohol sensors, says former Government advisor 01/06/2012
A former Government chief drug advisor has recommended all cars be fitted with alcohol sensors to reduce drink-driving.