Repair and replace your tyres with Service+
We have teamed up our Service+ platform with National Tyres and Autocare (NTA) to offer tyre repairs and replacements. By making NTA our preferred tyre specialist, we can now provide you with a bespoke service to cover your car and van tyre needs.
It’s important to think about your tyres when checking vehicle safety. They are the only link between your vehicle and the road. In fact, the area of contact between your tyres and the road surface is actually no bigger than the palm of your hand, so keeping every inch of your tyres road-worthy is imperative.
As well, a worn tyre will have less resistance on the road, less mass and undergoes a lesser degree of compression, increasing its rigidity – overall increasing fuel consumption.
Do you know when you need to replace your tyres? Here are some things to look out for:
If your tyre depth is below 1.6mm anywhere across the tyre it is a criminal offence, but 3mm is the minimum recommended depth. An easy way to check your tyres is by taking a 20p and inserting it into the main tread grooves of your tyre. If the ‘outer band’ of the 20p is visible, you may need to replace your tyres. If you can see your tread wear bars, it’s a sure sign to replace your tyres.
Different tyre wear:
Take note of where on your tyre there is the most wear, as this will tell you something about your tyre alignment, pressure and driving style:
Worn on the outside: Under-inflation or leaking. If only on the front tyres, you are probably taking corners too quickly.
Worn on the inside/centre: Over-inflation, increasing the risk of a blowout.
Uneven wear: On a single tyre, your wheels may need balancing or realigning, or you should replace your shock absorbers. Across all tyres – typically, your front tyres will wear faster than your back tyres, but if there is excessive wear, have your suspension checked. Conversely, if you find unusual wear on one side of your vehicle, check your wheel alignment.
Sawtooth/feathered pattern on tyre edges: Erratic rubbing against the road; check your wheel alignment.
Should I replace my tyres?
If your tyre has any of the following you should consider replacing your tyres:
- Tread wear is below 1.6mm
- A bulge or blister in the sidewall of a tyre
- A blow-out
- Lacerations or other significant damage anywhere on the tyre
- Sidewall or tread punctures larger than 0.64cm
Service+ and NTA Tyres:
Information to make a tyre booking:
- You’ll need to provide the position, brand, width, profile, size, load and speed of the current tyre on your vehicle that you would like to be repaired or replaced. You'll find this information in the following locations on your tyre.
- If you don’t have access to the existing brand fitted, please state if you have a preference for premium, mid-range or economy brands. NTA has an extensive tyre catalogue to choose from but there are some more popular brands in the different categories that are more readily available from local branch stock to meet your requirements.
- Premium – Bridgestone
- Mid-range – Avon, Barum, Sailun
- Economy – Wanli, Westlake
- Identify if the tyre is a run flat; this is visible on the tyre wall. There is no industry standard coding but some examples are Bridgestone – ROF, RFT or RSC; Continental – SSR; Dunlop – DSST or ROF; Goodyear – ROF or EMT; Hankook - HRB.
How to make a tyre booking:
Our new partnership will operate through Service+.
With Service+, there are two ways that you can book in tyre work:
- Call 0808 250 3321 and a Service+ representative will do the rest.
- Or simply log onto your Service+ portal and click on Book. In the Work Details section, click the Tyres button and enter the job details in the Other Work Requests box. In the garage directory, enter NTA into the garage name to find the closest branch of NTA to your location.
If you haven’t already got a Service+ account, please call us on 0808 250 3321 and we can arrange this for you.